Saturday, February 14, 2009

January 7, 2009

This week has been crazy!! I finally got to go in and see the Dentist in Brampton and got a root canal. It wasn't fun but the pain was nothing compared to what I was feeling all week without it. I’m so happy that it got taken care of and now I can focus harder on the work. I'm so happy that the birth went well and I'm sure Brooke is just happy that it's over. Haha I can’t wait to see some pictures. Thank you all for the cards that you sent me. Canada post is terrible so I just got them. Haha but they all seriously helped me so much and I loved them. Everything sounds so great at home. I love to hear about all the good things that are happening because it helps me not worry about everyone back at home. I know we're not supposed to think too much about it but I love you guys too much not to think about you. Just keep up the good work and the Lord will continue to bless all of us.

So, this week has been a pretty tough week. It's been hard to get new investigators. I think that the Lord is trying to humble us or something. We've taught a man named Asad a couple of times now. He's a really good guy but it's hard to get him out to church because he works night shift Saturday night. But, we'll see what happens. We also talked with a man named Jin. It was definitely the hardest lesson that I have been a part of. He couldn't accept that there is a God. He had way too many questions. It helped me to realize how fortunate we are that we know why we're here and where we're going. As we were talking with him he just didn't have hope. I think that is the biggest difference between us is that we know what is to come and we know that it is great. So we have a great hope of things to come. I know that Heavenly Father listens to us and that he has a great plan for us. It's amazing the change of attitude that comes from the knowledge of the Gospel and the brighter hope that you gain in knowing that Jesus Christ is our savior.

I love you all and thank you for everything. Keep on keepin’ on!

Love, Elder Day

No comments: