Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 6, 2009

Thank you all sooooooo much for the Birthday wishes. This has been a really strange birthday but I loved it! Bad news came on Monday night right before my birthday :( I got transferred. So Tuesday and Wednesday have been really hectic. They merged our area into another one. It’s really sad but it makes sense. They are running low on missionaries in our area so they”closed down" but not really, some of the smaller walking areas. Even though I am really sad that I am leaving Kitchener, I know that there is a reason for me being here. We had a lot of great things happening in "The Kitchen" but I know that everything will work out.

So, I got transferred to Orillia. It’s a little bit farther up north. We have a car though so hopefully that will help with the cold. My companions name is Elder Ashcraft. He is from Salt Lake. He comes from a huge family of eight kids. He's a really good guy. He likes to sing a lot. We don’t have too much in common but I guess that doesn’t really matter because all that matters is that we have the same agenda and there is no way that we can’t get along. We have a lot of work to do.

This is a really small town. Just about 20,000 people I think. We only have a branch of about 35 pretty active members. So it’s going to be a lot different than the situation in Kitchener. This was the kind of town I was worried about when I was leaving on my mission. ha ha but anyway, like I said, I know that I am here for a reason. I just hope that I can find that reason and do my best in the cause.
Mom said that Kylie is trying to find a quote to put on her wall. Dad sent me some really good ones. I have like thirty quotes put up on the wall in front of my desk. I love them. They really help me. I’m going to bring a couple to share with you all next week that might be able to help you. Maybe Ky can pick one of them.

I love you all. Keep praying even when times are good. I love a scripture in D and C 101 verses like 7 and 8 I think. It talks about how we need to pray more than when we need help but also when good things are happening because we need to thank the Lord because He is the reason for those blessings.

Love, Elder Day

No comments: