Saturday, February 14, 2009

January 29, 2009

This week has been fantastic!!! I am so excited about our area. I hope that I don’t get transferred on Wednesday. We are starting to see our hard work definitely pay off. We are getting the members very involved. I think its soo important. The most successful missionary work is through the members. I was asked to speak at church on Sunday to help get the ward excited. I loved it. You all know I hate speaking, but I felt really good that they wanted me to do it. I talked about the Atonement for a little bit and focused a lot on the feelings that we have when we use it in our lives and how that should make us want to share it with everyone. I used a lot of examples from Alma. But anyways, it was really cool because after the sacrament they did a meal calendar in the relief society and the whole week was filled!! We usually only get one or two meals. And we have been getting a couple calls this week about teaching some friends of the members. I am really excited for how the ward can help us out.

So... it sounds like everything is going great! I loved the pictures of Bradley. He is so cute it’s crazy. Too bad he's going to be a full grown man by the time I get back. haha Thank you so much for the love you all show to me. The emails and mail really help keep me up-beat. I know that your prayers are blessing me and this work greatly. I know that we can do so much more than we think that we can. I saw a quote today that said, "If you have anything left... you didn't do it right", and it has a picture of Christ carrying a missionary. It almost brought me to tears. I realized that even though I’m working really hard I know without a doubt that I can do more.
I know that the Savior is there to pick me up when I am weak. He will help us all as we turn to Him and show our faith in Him.

I love you guys! Keep up the good work,
Elder Day

No comments: