Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day =( Ha ha

February 11, 2009

So, the new area is good. Its solo much different than Kitchener was. It’s very interesting how different they are. We have a lot of work to do though and I am really excited about it. Pretty much all we have done is tracted since I got here. We have met some pretty promising people so I am looking forward to how things can turn out here. It’s amazing to see how much the Lord will bless us as long as we are working hard and being obedient so that He can trust us. Elder Ashcraft is a nice kid. Like I said we don’t really have much in common but were getting along good. We have a really nice grill in our apartment so I’ve been eating a lot of man food. So that’s good. The car really helps out with the coldness factor. Of course it’s still freezing but now I have a retreat when I feel like I have frostbite and my face is going to fall off. lol So things are going good, I really see great things coming from this area. The branch is reaaallly small but they definitely take care of us. They are trying hard to expand the branch so they are working hard in their missionary efforts as well. It’s so important that the members help out.

It sounds like everything is going great at home. Keep up the hard work. Oh and I forgot to say thanks for the b-day package. I got it the day before my birthday. IT WAS AWESOME!! Nice job on the ties. I like them a lot. The cds are awesome too. I had no idea you guys were sending me all of them. Thank you sooo much. I wrote you (mom) a letter thanking you about it but you probably haven’t got it yet.

We met with a man named Len Longin yesterday and he is a great guy. We took a member from our branch named Bro. Whitlocks. He is a really smart man. He was paralyzed in an atv accident about ten years ago and he joined the church about five years ago. Len had a lot of the same questions that he had so it was great that he was there. If Bro. Whitlocks wasn’t there than I don’t think it would have gone anywhere. The spirit that was there was amazing as Bro. Whitlocks shared with him is conversion story. I think that I learned more at this appointment that Len did. My testimony was strengthened so much and I now have a greater appreciation for everything that I have. I almost cried as he was talking. I am very thankful that I was born into the gospel, and that my family is so good to me. It’s scary to think where we might be without the knowledge of Heavenly Fathers plan for us.

I love you all more than I can express. Have a great Valentine’s Day.
Love, Elder Day

Ps here is my new address:
Elder David Day
201 Barrie Rd. #1
Orillia, ON L3V 2B6

No comments: