Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy New Years!

December 31, 2008

I can’t believe it’s already been a week since I got to call home. Time is really going by fast. My tooth has been really hurting but I sent a letter home to kind of update you. I saw a dentist and he didn’t help me at all so I’m going to see another one that is LDS on Monday. It’s extremely painful so hopefully he can figure out what’s wrong with it so I can focus harder on my work instead of wanting to pull my teeth out. Haha I just want to ask you all to pray for it if you can.

Anyways, so I can’t believe that little Bradley’s already coming. He’s going to be a man when I get back. Brooke might even have another baby by that time. ;) That’s great. It sounds like everyone is doing really good. It was so awesome to talk to you guys last week. It’s too bad that I won’t get to call again until Mothers Day. How were the trips to California and Utah? I bet everyone had a fun time.

So on a spiritual note: This week has been really hard for us because everyone keeps saying to come back after the holidays. But there have been some very interesting things that I’ve learned. I’ve had some time to think about some stuff because time is kind of slowing down for me because everything isn’t so new. I’ve been thinking about fears a lot and how ridiculous they are. I’ve been picking out a different fear each day and trying to overcome it. As I’ve been doing this my faith in the Lord has been increasing so much. If you have faith than there is no reason why you should be afraid to do anything, especially missionary work that you know is true. I’ve started to rely on the Lord to take care of any situation that I get into. I just wanted to remind all of you reading this that whatever you do remember that the Lord is there and you have nothing to fear. We know what is true and the He will lift us when we need Him. The word, almost, means nothing. We need to do everything with all of our heart trusting that the Lord will take care of us and he will.
I love you all so much! Have a great New Year!

Love, Elder Day

No comments: